Pastor De’Juan was born and raised in Northwest Detroit. As a troubled teen, the gospel of Jesus Christ intersected his life and radically transformed it. After receiving the gift of salvation, he began to preach the gospel. This desire to preach was soon recognized as a calling and was confirmed by the local church. Pastor De’Juan is currently enrolled in the Master of Divinity Certificate program at Detroit Baptist Theological Seminary. He is married to Ashley and together they have four beautiful daughters.
Grace Baptist Church was planted out of a Baptist Church in Wyandotte in 1904. Our first location was on James Street in River Rouge. Soon, Grace moved to Coolidge Highway, near the present location of the Family Dollar.
In 1946, our building on Coolidge Highway was destroyed in a tornado that left a large path of destruction through the city of River Rouge. Grace had already purchased the property on East Great Lakes and began to build there. They opened services in the present day location in 1947.
Throughout our long history of more the one hundred years in the community of River Rouge, Grace Baptist Church, has tried to faithfully serve God by preaching the hope of life and forgiveness from sin that is found only in Jesus Christ.
Grace Baptist Church is about making fully functioning followers of Jesus Christ through the clear and relevant teaching of the Bible. These followers of Jesus are called “disciples” or “Christians.” We believe that God is most honored when we follow him in every area of our lives.
In Matthew 28:19–20 Christ told his followers to “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
Our mission is to make disciples by leading people to commit their lives to Jesus Christ to follow him as their Master and Lord. We believe that real satisfaction in life can come only from arranging our lives around the ideals of the One who created life. Jesus said, “I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.”
At Grace Baptist Church, we are committed to helping people follow Jesus with their whole life that they may find the life that he came to give them
Grace tries to organize our ministries around find main purposes that we find all throughout the New Testament that God has given to us to instruct us about life in the church. These are our five main purposes.
Our Core Values
We value authenticity.
- We want to be real
- We want to be honest
We value grace.
- Your past does not have to be your master.
- There is hope for change that comes from God through forgiveness in Jesus Christ alone.
- Through grace in Christ, you can deal with the past and move on to the future.
We value passion.
- We want to have a heart that follows hard after God.
- We want to have a heart that loves others.
We value growth.
- We want to learn who God is and what he wants us to be growing through his Word.
- We want to be more like Jesus Christ.
We value relationships
- We want to build lives of honesty and integrity.
- We want to build strong godly marriages and families.
- We want to be build strong godly relationships with people who share our life values.
We point people to God as the Creator and Ruler of this world who desires a loving relationship with sinful people through their faith alone in Jesus Christ who came to die for sin..
We worship God with heart-felt adoration and praise for who he is and for what he is doing in our world and in our lives.
We teach the truth about God and life as God has told us in Scripture.
We try to build meaningful relationships that help each other to have a passion for God in all things through informal meetings, intercessory prayer, and personal relationships.
We help people find ways to serve God by serving others.
The most important part of any church is what they believe. Grace Baptist Church is founded solely on the Word of God. Here is a short summary of our core beliefs. You can read our full doctrinal statement which is the New Hampshire Confession of Faith. If you have questions about what we believe, please contact us and we will be glad to open God’s word with you to find answers.
- We believe that the only true God is the creator of this world, the supreme ruler over his creation, and has revealed himself through his Son Jesus Christ (who is God), and through the Bible. God alone is worthy of our praise, and his glory is the reason we exist.
- We believe that the Bible is God’s perfect Word, completely without error, and that in the Bible is everything we need to know to be everything that God has called us to be.
- We believe that men and women are created in the image of God, but because Adam our father sinned, his sin has infected every single human who has ever lived, except Jesus Christ. Because of our sin, we are separated from God in spiritual death and in need of salvation from sin.
- We believe that salvation from sin comes only through faith alone in Christ. of alone. We can do nothing to earn our salvation, and our works do not contribute to our salvation in anyway. Only by faith in Christ can we be free from the power and penalty of sin in our lives. We believe that God is calling people to himself for salvation through the teaching and preaching of the Bible. We believe that each person who has by faith committed their lives to Christ for salvation should publicly testify by being baptized as a sign of their salvation.
- We believe that the church is Christ’s body, and is God’s chosen instrument through which he is working in this age. He expects every true follower of Christ to be involved in a local church body for worship, evangelism, learning, fellowship, and service.
- We believe that Christ will return at the close of this age to redeem his followers from this earth, to judge sin, to set up his kingdom, and to reign in righteousness. At the end of the world, every single person will have to give an account to God for their lives. Those who trusted Christ alone for salvation will spend eternity in heaven with God. Those who never came to Christ in faith for salvation will be separated from God for all eternity in hell.