Grace Baptist Church was planted out of a Baptist Church in Wyandotte in 1904. Our first location was on James Street in River Rouge. Soon, Grace moved to Coolidge Highway, near the present location of the Family Dollar.
In 1946, our building on Coolidge Highway was destroyed in a tornado that left a large path of destruction through the city of River Rouge. Grace had already purchased the property on East Great Lakes and began to build there. They opened services in the present day location in 1947.
Throughout our long history of more the one hundred years in the community of River Rouge, Grace Baptist Church, has tried to faithfully serve God by preaching the hope of life and forgiveness from sin that is found only in Jesus Christ.